Friday, October 21, 2011

Keihan Densya Line Stations

I chose Senbayashi station located in almost center of Osaka to visit because there is famous of a big shopping street (Syoutengai in Japanese) and one of my friends is native of Senbayashi. This time I visited there with her, and she guided me to some famous shops and told me about Senbayashi. what a big shopping street is! was my first impression. I surprised that almost shopping street including my hometown’s it have hardly any customers the last years, but Senbayashi is NOT. There are many people from youth to old. Some of them wear shopping foodstuffs and necessaries for daily use.
The others had a date with their lover. Also bicycles were often seen. Many bicycles were parked on the street illegally. That often can be seen in Osaka. 
 
 
 People drink in the stall, Japanese old-good culture remains in Senbayashi.


 My friend took me to the Karaage store and crepe one. According to her, both of them are popular and broadcasted on TV-show. Since the price is cheap, schoolchildren come to buy as a snack.




There are many kinds shops including from old shop to newest shop. There were also unique and interesting stores. I thought Senbayashi is the town which maintained old and new balance but, I wonder how old store would have made its living. People buy some stuff at newest store clearly. Also I can say the same thing to many same kinds stores are exist in a small area.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you could find an informant to help you with your research about this interesting area. I'd like to read more.

    ReplyDelete