Tuesday, November 8, 2011

高架下(koukasita)

This time I researched Sannomiya, Kobe.  Sannomiya has a long and narrow shopping street under the elevating structure of JR line. The reason why I chose Sannomiya shopping street is it might has some connection between culture and visual anthropology I thought.  My first impression of it was moody because of the special condition like trains are running over the roof of shops.


Atmosphere was dark in a good mean. I could observe these things like pictures above. The special condition is one of the reasons that make it so. The structure of the shopping street is hard to get sunlight. I’m not sure due to I took pics at night, but exactly hard to get light from san.






Also I found many clothing stores, shoes stores accessories stores and hat stores. I wondered why there are so many similar kind of clothe stores? Almost shops for young people. For young people, it is fashionable place and shopping in there is fashionable things too. Variety is necessary. But I could find a few restaurants or eating place except fast food restaurants like DOUTOR Coffee or McDonald’s.



That place is not suitable for restaurants because bad environment for restaurants. The reason is due to the special condition I mentioned above. You can arrive China town in few minutes and find many restaurants when you across the street. The town around Koukasita(高架下、shopping street) has many restaurant in fact and people don’t need it at shopping street.
At last, I could find many bicycles in there too like Senbayashi, Osaka I researched last time. I found rare advertisements. It says “Don’t run on a sidewalk!!” That is too small to see!!





I never hard hamburger shop has delivery service by bicycles. Bicycle culture is deeply ingrained.

http://piazza-kobe.com/ official site of Kokashita
http://www.sawanotsuru.co.jp/guide/kobe/12/03.htm  you can get some info! but in Japanese.



1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent subject for your first free-choice post. I really enjoy going to this area to see all the interesting shops and to take photos. I hope other students read this post and then visit 高架下.

    The layout of your post is a little strange - some photos are centered, some off to the left, some off to the right. You should be consistent with text size and spacing as well. You might try to avoid text wrapping around photos. Keep things plain and simple and it will be easier for your audience to read.

    Thanks for the links (in Japanese).

    ReplyDelete